Thursday Evenings – Intermediate Life Drawing
£10.00 – £225.00
Thursdays ~ 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Autumn Term – Intermediate Life Drawing
9th September – 9th December 2021
Half Term 21st and 28th October (two weeks)
Working from a live nude model, you will be taken through a range of concepts and methods which will really bring focus to your work.
- Tonal drawing, where we describe form by observing the relative lightness and darkness of our subject, is central to this course.
- We cover strategies for dealing with challenges such as proportion, perspective and foreshortening.
- An understanding of anatomy really helps to bring clarity to figure drawing so we’ll be raising awareness of body structure.
- Heads, hands and feet are looked at individually, understanding what’s going on makes things easier to draw.
- We’ll look at how other artists have worked to inform our own.
This is a group for artists who have done some life drawing and want to improve through practice, demonstration, tuition and critique. If you’ve started off with our Introduction to Life Drawing this will be the natural pathway for you and will bring you to a new level of accurate representation. The tonal dimension to the course is also a proven pathway to painting the figure.
We are delivering this class with Zoom and in person. Zoom is excellent for this kind of learning, you get to fill your screen with the model when you are drawing and see what the tutor is demonstrating when you choose. We use professional cameras and lighting in a purpose built studio to give you a good experience. Work can be uploaded and shared on the group Padlet, an online space that is easy to use and ideal for artists.
You can choose to buy the whole term as a block or you can just book individual sessions to fit in with your diary.
Course Tutor Daisy Perkins Daisy is a practicing artist specialising in portraiture and landscape, she is great fun to learn with and a strong support to your progress.
This full course costs £225 to attend in person. If you would like to attend individual sessions dropping-in studio the cost is £20, or via Zoom the cost is £10 per session or £110 for a block booking of 12 Zoom sessions.