Introduction to Figure Painting Workshop
Learn to paint the human figure
Sunday 14th & 21st January 2024
10.30am – 3.00pm
Workshop leader: Simon Dunstan
Making the jump from drawing to painting can be a bit daunting and yet for many it is the natural progression of their interest in describing the human figure. No one is going to learn to paint competently in four hours and yet that is precisely the amount of time that we will give you to grasp the fundamentals – it’s enough to get you going.
On Sunday the 14th and 21st January we will be running a workshop for those who wish to start painting the figure in oils. This is not for the absolute beginner but for those who have some drawing under their belt and are not sure of the best way forward with figure and oil paint.
- The workshop will run from 10.30am – 3.00pm with a break for lunch.
- There will be a demonstration and discussion of method followed by an opportunity to paint the model yourself with instruction.
- There will be a modest charge for lunch if you choose to take it with us. (Recommended)
- You are welcome to bring your own materials or we can provide you with a very basic kit for £48 including two brushes, four tubes of paint and a surface to paint on.
- The colours we will use are Ivory Black, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Red and Titanium White – known as the Zorn palette
- There will be a nude model
The event will take place at our studio: 4a Champion Hill, SE5 8AH, London
Out of stock