Thursday Evening – Life Drawing, long and slow
7.00pm – 9.00pm
This is a seated life drawing session, working to a smaller format, ideal for those who like to work in a drawing book or iPad, predominantly with longer poses. (Easels are available if working on your knees is not for you!)
Always run by a practicing artist.
We work from a well lit professional nude model in a series of poses that get longer as the evening progresses.
Your tutor will be there to make sure events unfold predictably, they may challenge or stimulate you and will always be ready to give advice but this evening is for you to draw what you want in the way you want.
Materials are available at honest prices or bring your own. The studio is well equipped so that you don’t need to bring anything if you don’t want to.
Working from a live nude model, you will be taken through a range of concepts and methods which will really bring focus to your work.
- The session usually starts with a few short poses and the evening will end with a couple of longer poses for a more finished drawing
- Guidance rather than tuition – the tutor will spin a theme and give you advice and support but you are free to work in your own way
- Traditional drawing techniques will be looked at, proportion and tone will be constant companions
- An understanding of anatomy really helps to bring clarity to figure drawing so we’ll be raising awareness of body structure.
- Heads, hands and feet are looked at individually, understanding what’s going on makes things easier to draw.
- We’ll look at how other artists have worked in order to inform our own.
This is a group for artists who have done some life drawing and want to improve through practice, demonstration, tuition and critique. If you’ve started off with our Introduction to Life Drawing this will be the natural pathway for you and will bring you to a new level of accurate representation. The tonal dimension to the course is also a proven pathway to painting the figure.
We are delivering this class in the studio only.
All of our tutors are practicing artists.
Select a date to book a drop-in session.