Thursday Evening – Drawing with Daisy
£8.00 – £12.00
Thursdays ~ 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Course Tutor Daisy Perkins Daisy is a practicing artist specialising in portraiture and landscape, she is great fun to learn with and a strong support to your progress.
Working from a live nude model, you will be taken through a range of concepts and methods which will really bring focus to your work.
- The session usually starts with a few short poses and the evening will end with a couple of longer poses for a more finished drawing
- Guidance rather than tuition – Daisy will spin a theme and give you advice and support but you are free to work in your own way
- Traditional drawing techniques will be looked at, proportion and tone will be constant companions
- An understanding of anatomy really helps to bring clarity to figure drawing so we’ll be raising awareness of body structure.
- Heads, hands and feet are looked at individually, understanding what’s going on makes things easier to draw.
- We’ll look at how other artists have worked in order to inform our own.
This is a group for artists who have done some life drawing and want to improve through practice, demonstration, tuition and critique. If you’ve started off with our Introduction to Life Drawing this will be the natural pathway for you and will bring you to a new level of accurate representation. The tonal dimension to the course is also a proven pathway to painting the figure.
We are delivering this class in the studio and you can also choose to join on Zoom.
Please note that whilst Daisy is the lead tutor for this group there may be occasions when another tutor replaces her. All of our tutors are practicing artists.